Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reflections on the IT Project Management

Through one semester I attend the course, I feel that I enjoy taking this subject even my schedule is pack even it is short semester, since I am taking two subjects which one of it is extremely tough where it include programming things which I'm no good at it. What I like in the course is firstly the approach of the lecturer in delivering the subject so we can stay focus till the end of the three-hour class. The lecturer also shows us some funny clips and motivational slides which are very meaningful and helps in relaxing my mind. The subject itself it very easy-going so no tense of attending the class.

But what I dislike most about the course is the time. It's more preferable to have class at night than evening since we will have like half and hour break for Maghrib prayer. For some classes, we end up doing nothing and even some of the students just dissappear after the break. I think, the lecturer must take the attendance twice so that all student are present for both sessions.

In one class I had this semester, one colleague of mine had mentioned on adding more Islamic perspective on the content of the subject. I strongly agree on this matter since all management part like the nine knowledge areas are all the best when they are implied in Islamic way or taking the best example of the Prophet Muhammad SAW.

Other than that, for short semester, I think it will be better if the lecturer keep updating the process of group project work in each week. To made every class helpful, the approach when we do risk register in class is best since we apply all things we learn that day and do it in practical. This outcome, plus with some enhancements and modifications can be straightly used in group project. This help us to have a clearer picture of doing group project rather than just having a template which later lead us to just migrating the existing one to new one of our own without truly understand about it.

If I had more time, I wish I would have better outcome of group project. Since the final is around the corner, and I have both final papers on the same days, both group project to be presented, I think I have overlooked and eliminated some things in group project. I wish I could perform and put more effort to produce better project management plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment