Thursday, June 4, 2009

Educational and career goals

My educational background
I started my early education at my hometown, in islamic tadika and later at primary school, both near my house. When I reach 13, due to the reason that my parent will be going to Mecca, i started be separated apart from my family, beginning my secondary school at Johor (Sekolah Men Ugama At-Tanwiriah), near to my grandmother's house. After a year, i move to school in Pasir Puteh, Kelantan (SMU (A)Saniah) since at the moment, both my brother and sister are studying there. After PMR, again, i move to Kota Bharu Kelantan (Maahad Muhammadi Lilbanat- same school with my sister). After SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) i further my study to IIUM Matriculation.
Reversing back few years ago, I always wanted to further my study to East countries. My interest grow since I'm 14 years old where many of my seniors with good examination result manage to get in the universities there. But, as time moves, the students are no longer be given chance to easily get there due to the many speculation occur in our country. Even i got a good result in SMU (Sijil Menengah Ugama- basic requirement for pusuing study in East universities), I have no chance even to apply any of universities in the East and every single of my dreams slowly faded.

Why IIUM? Why ICT?
I am currently enrolled in my third semester as undergraduate student in International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) specialty of Kulliyah of Informational and Communication Technology majoring in Computer Science. Since i have a childhood dream of living in East countries and had my life at Kelantan, it's obvious why i chose IIUM as the next destiny of furthering my study. I love living in a good environment where we feel safe in there, less bad people, more wise people which will lead us to be as wise as them. But, getting in IIUM is a blessing in disguise. Even I have no intention at first on pursuing my study here, I slowly learn that this is the life i belong. I have traveled to many places and I learn that to be good, what we must have first is determination inside ourself. No matter where you are, you can be somebody.
About choosing the course, ICT, I actually have strong interest on computer and almost all my cousins are working in this field. Therefore, even I am offered and accepted as student of Kulliyah of Economics at first, I converted to KICT once I get into IIUM. To be honest, I have more interest of hardware part of computer. Once, I ever taken out all components of my CPU and rebuild it back, just for fun during leisure time at home. Conversely, I have less interest of fancy part of computer and even my wallpaper in my Windows or Ubuntu are both the default one. I just explore on what a system capable to do than I will switch back to default mode.

Challenges
The biggest challenge I face as a student is time management. But I do think that time will never seems to be enough, but it still always be wasted. I always remind myself that 24 hours per day that Allah gives should be enough for all mankind untill the end of the world. So, it's my challenge to get it rightly and use it wisely. It's also challenging for me to balance my study and my other interest. The hassle day I face everyday made I have no time for reading books or novels. While I have some program of social work, I will left a bit of my study behind. Resulting from this situation, I decided to end my social work contract and start to focus more on my study.

Achievements
My achievement in the field of study is quite moderate. I just manage to keep myself having good result every semester and that's it. Recently, I started to apply to join in Research team, after nearly be accepted, I cancel my participation due to time constraints. My achievement in co-curricular activities is quite a few. But those are none for me to be proud of since they are achievements for bringing up myself self-esteem and learning the life as it is.

Strengths & Weaknesses
I can say, my strengths are the fact that I can work under pressure, can separate personal matters when I'm doing my works. I am well-verse and good at public speaking. In the field of study, some people say I'm perfectionist but I think I am a person that want to do the best in everything I do. I hate 'cincai' work. I am very detail on keeping the work neat, with right spelling, grammar and alignment. In the other hand, my weakness must be again, time management. In the study field, I am very bad at Programming (C++, C, Java).

My Career Goal
Upon successful completion of my undergraduate, i will earn Bachelor in Computer Science. I intended to concern my study on security. My goal is to pursue a carrier as system administrator or security analyst after completing Master. I'm aiming on going abroad furthering post graduate on these field. After completing Master maybe I will undergo working to the Ministry of Malaysia due to JPA contract i currenly hold. Moving becoming ten years, I see myself doing business on this field same like my parents do or being a lecturer giving up my service to the next generation. At the same time, as my hobby is reading, I always dreaming myself to be a journalist or book writer. Some of my long-term plans include to write books and get it published by my own.


Tawakkal: Make Du'a, Do your best, And leave the Rest To Allah

No comments:

Post a Comment